Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Earthship Model

So, for my Housing class, we all did 15 hr projects that we worked on throughout the semester. My project was studying Earthships and learning what it would take to build one in Kansas.... I had LOTS of fun! One of the professors helped me by letting me borrow some Earthship books.... she's an Earthship nerd like me!! I made a model of a basic one to scale. Here it is!
Here's the inside, looking at the planter in front of the window.
Here's the front. Complete with a wind generator and solar panel to provide electricity!

Here's where you enter! The front door!


2 comments:

Alisa said...

earth ship? I guess I am very unlearn-ed in that department! ;)

Kezia said...

Yes!! The architect who builds them lives in Taos, New Mexico. There are 3 whole communities of Earthships in Taos!